Saturday 15 June 2013

Spitfire MK.VIII of Henry Gaynor,No 1 SQN SAAF

Spitfire MK.VIII of Henry Gaynor
No 1 Sqn SAAF
 


I built this model from the old ICM kit, this was a very nice kit in 1/48 scale. The cockpit was nicely detailed and even came with seat belt decals in case you displayed with open canopy. I found the kit a relative easy kit to build and it went together really nicely. The decals i obtained from another supplier as it didn't come with the kit. 

Aircraft was hand painted as i usually do my 1/72 kits, this was my first 1/48 scale build and i enjoyed it thoroughly, quite a bit more detail than comes in the 1/72 kits but a good change from the regular of what i am used too. All in all a nicely detailed kit and relatively easy build with hardly any joint issues and very little filler needed.

I would recommend this kit to anyone wanting a MK.VIII Spitfire at a relatively cheap price and fairly accurate model for their collection.

No comments: